Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Salvation Song

Salvation Song
by Angie Bell


No hope had I, without, within
You saved me from the depths of sin
When as a child I understood
You were my Savior, kind and good

When childhood began to slip away
I saw the world, I went astray
I praise you Lord, it was not long
You reined me in where I belonged

Yet while in sin, I found a man
Unknown to me, it was your plan
You drew him in, You saved his soul
We came together, as one, made whole

O'er all these years You've kept me safe
Through all my stumbling, gave me faith
Turned my head and heart above
When my hope dwindled, gave me love

Lord now in this dark hour I pray
Stay here with me all the way
When I don't trust Lord, please forgive
My life for you I want to live

I praise You Lord, I'm saved by grace
One day I'll look upon Your face
You'll see me Lord not as I am
But firmly held in Christ's own hand.

No comments: