Sunday, February 20, 2011

God's work

For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. Psalm 74:12

What might appear to us as mayhem, confusion and chaos in this world  is all within the scope, purpose and will of Almighty God. He is working salvation out in the middle of this world. He has all the details under control and in the end this will be seen to the praise of the glory of His grace.


So how is God working? Here are a few scriptures from my limited thoughts, perhaps others will come to mind for you.


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28


Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.  Phil 2: 12-13


Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which works in me mightily.  Col 1:29


Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,  Eph 3:20


Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. John 6:28-29


No comments: