Saturday, January 5, 2013


Angie and I saw the movie Les Miserables today. Yes, it is a good musical and a good historical fiction full of emotional performances by very good actors. But more than any of those things it is a powerful story full of images of redemption. It pulls no punches, in this movie you can see the law and condemnation, sinners and the need for forgiveness and finally grace and redemption. My favorite line is when the Bishop says to Valjean “Remember this my brother.…by the passion and the blood, God has raised you from the darkness…”. . I would highly recommend it and I would see it again if given the opportunity.

I would add that Russell Crowe’s character is the law and his pursuit is relentless, constantly turning up in Valjean’s (Hugh Jackman’s character) life. He is not only relentless but strict and always condemning. I found myself feeling some of the emotions demonstrated in Jackman’s character as he struggled with his own sin and failures.

Here is a trailer link(if it works);   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHHHUk8RCw

No comments: