Friday, April 19, 2013

Poem based on 1 Cor 15:49


I Corinthians 15:49


I look just like my father,
The first rebellious man,
But thanks to grace and mercy
According to His plan,
I shall be like my Savior,
His image bear at last,
When death has worked me over
And this sad world is past.
Or when He comes in glory
In twinkling of an eye,
Made like unto my Savior
No more to sin or die.
When death is dead forever,
and there is no more grave.
Blest be the Second Adam
Who died my soul to save.

                                                April 2013

by D. E. Young



And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Cor. 15:49




Dorothy is a friend and member of Covenant Presbyterian Church here in St Johns county. She is the author of In Sorrow and In Joy, a collection of her poetry published in 2012.

No comments: