Monday, November 17, 2008

What Does the Lord Understand? part 4

A continuation of excerpts from Dr. Jay Wimberly's sermon notes of a message delivered September 7, 2003 to The Main Street Baptist Church in Auburndale, FL.

The text is from Micah 4:12: But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor.


What does the Lord understand about His Son?

Matthew 3:17. And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased. [Fully satisfied, as one accepts something in full payment]

Matthew 17:5. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Romans 5:8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


"I gave my life for Thee,
My precious blood I shed,
That thou mightst ransomed be
And quickened from the dead."
Frances R. Havergal, 1836-1879

God understands that Jesus Christ is His Son, His Messiah, the One to be heard, believed and followed.

No comments: