Sunday, February 15, 2009

a Hymn

Light in God's Light
by Berridge

it may be sung to the tune Blessed Assurance


In darkness born, I went astray,
And wandered from the gospel way;
And since the Savior gave me sight,
I cannot see without His light.

So poor, and blind, and lame I am,
My all is bound up in the Lamb;
And blessed am I when I see
My spirit's inmost poverty.

I cannot walk without His might,
I cannot walk without His light;
I can have no access to God,
But through the merits of His blood.

It makes me feel my ruined state,
It lays my soul at mercy's gate;
And Jesus smiles at such a guest;
And cheers him with a heavenly feast.



For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. Psalm 36:9

The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Isaiah 60:19

No comments: