Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jesus Cast A Look at Me

Jesus Cast a Look on Me
by John Berridge

"And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly." Luke 22:61-62

Other supporting scripture: Mat 5:3, 2 Cor. 11:3, John 17:3, 2 Cor. 10:6, Mat. 18:3-4, Mat. 11:28, Col. 1:20

It may be sung to the tune Rock of Ages.


Jesus cast a look at me,
Give me sweet simplicity
Make me poor and keep me low
Seeking only Thee to know

All that feeds my busy pride
Cast it evermore aside
Bid my will to Thine submit,
Lay me humbly at thy feet

Make me like a little child,
Of my strength and wisdom spoiled
Seeing only in Thy light,
Walking only in Thy might

Leaning on Thy loving breast,
Where a weary soul can rest
Feeling well the peace of God,
Flowing from His precious blood

In this posture let me live,
And hosannas daily give
In this temper let me die,
And hosannas ever cry!

No comments: