Thursday, February 11, 2010

But How Shall I Know That I Am Born Again? part 5 of 8

But How Shall I Know That I Am Born Again?
By John Bunyan


Examination 5

Are you born again? Then you can not be quiet until you do see God lift up the light of His countenance upon you. Yes, you have such a desire after the light of God's countenance, that all the glory, riches, honor, pleasure, profits, & company of this world will not satisfy until you do see God to be a reconciled Father to you in the Lord Jesus Christ (Ps 4:6, Jn 14:8, Ps 35:3).

Then you will not be quiet until you do hear from the Son of Mary, which is the Lord of glory, such a voice as this, "Son be of good cheer, your sins are forgiven you"; and "My grace is sufficient for you" (2 Co 12:9, 1 Co 2:8).

But, if you can content yourself with anything below this, you will, when all comes to all, be found but a rotten-hearted professor, who will have your portion among the slothful ones, who will fall in the judgement of the Son of Man, when He comes in flaming fire with His mighty angels (2 Th 1:8).


Supporting Scripture

 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Ps 4:6

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jn 14:8

Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. Ps 35:3

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Co 12:9

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 1 Co 2:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Th 1:8

No comments: